Are you having fun?...I'm not sure.
When we say "fun", what do we mean? Fun can be excitement, happiness, intrigue, captivation. When working on my projects, I have realized I'm not having much fun, if any.
What am I getting out of this? This homework and projects and school. My first thought would be a degree, which is pretty much every ones goal, right? I never asked myself that question and I found that I didn't have a good answer at all because I really didn't have one. I really needed to think about this because it really bugged me and forced me to ask myself, what the hell am I doing? I needed answers and I wanted them NOW! I really had to dig deep to find some kind of resolve. Again, what am I getting out of this? Nothing, it seems. It often feels as if I'm sticking with it for everyone else. School being the IT. Whether everyone else be a partner in a group, or my family. I told my family I'd graduate this year and sometimes I feel like I should have waited until a week prior to spill the beans, then I'd know it was for sure.
To answer my previous question, Am I having fun? No. And with that I have to make it fun and find ways to make this work relevant to me. I'm my biggest and worse critic to a fault because I count myself out before I'm even finished.
School would be a lot easier if I were having fun; if I were conscious of what I'm getting out of all this work. What's in it for me? I'm afraid to say, I don't know.
Today was an interesting day, I have a lot to consider and think about....hmmmm. And a lot of work to catch up on. I was flying solo today with nothing to show for. Not my best hour, but it was pretty painless. Today was the day each group was picking their comps for each ad.
Work in progress. TBC
No comments:
Post a Comment