Well, it has finally come. Final presentations. No one wanted to volunteer, myself included. You could cut the tension with a knife, the air was much thicker today.
So, it all began with the group at the top of the role sheet, unlucky. I did want other groups to go ahead of us because I wanted to see what they would say and have a better idea of where I was at with my presentation. The critique was fairly quiet, as expected, but it was better than the last even though I did feel like we were all begging for some feedback. I did try to get the conversation going a few times, as did others, and it was a lot better. Jimmy gave use the reigns today and we did have our moments.
There was a lot of good work, but I felt if we had one more presentation, we could have had a classroom of GREAT ads. We were almost there =).
So for the big presentation, I thought I could have done better on the delivery and persuasiveness. I didn't even persuade myself, how could I persuade them? I did feel that I had some valid points and explanations, and I really wish I would have done my research on Mr. Superman. That could have been a nice touch to the whole presentation and would have shown some real attention to detail on our part.
Now for the ads, we did some much needed editing with spacing issues and issues with the readability of our body text. We fixed our headline and adjusted our images and content of our body text. We made some affective changes and not so affective ones. I obviously thought I could have done better. I enjoyed my partner and what she brought to the group and she presented well. Three people had comments or questions, if I remember correctly, from a class of 20 or so. I would have like more feedback, anything really. I can't really gauge where I'm at if no one speaks up. On the other hand, I did like the ads I saw and could tell groups made an effort to take more time on their final comps.
Well that's dead and gone, on to the next. New partner, new project and new issues. I'm kind of over whelmed again, it comes and goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment