So, today's the day for the final hurrah. Last chance for any fixes or much needed adjustments and last minute tweaks. A much needed critique because my partner and I did not have any finished comps for the previous class. I went into this critique aware of nearly all the issues with our ads, which could be seen as good and bad, if not just bad. If those fixes could have been made, then these and our final comps may have been THAT much better. On the plus side, we didn't have to speak about them just yet. (widow)
The good thing about today, Jimmy did most of the critique. It's fair to just say he did it all, which I had no problem with =), I knew my group would get some much needed feedback for sure. And to my shocking surprise, ahem, he brought up everything I knew he would because my partner and I noticed the exact same things the day before when we printed it. (Which means we should have fixed it then, I'm just sayin')
Today was a hard day for most and some real changes needed to be made, and quick. I would have liked to have had a finished product, but it did not pan out that way. It was nice to finally see the ads up and mounted, it really gave them a different feel and every flaw was magnified. We all seemed to make light of our errors with some candid laughter, but Jimmy wasn't laughing, and understandably so. Our work is a direct reflection of him and his teaching abilities, and no one would want to be directly associated with something they felt was "crap".
Today's class was a major eye opener and put things into perspective, but I really felt like I was dragging my feet a little, or a lot.
So, we have one WHOLE day to fix, fix, fix! Time is of the essence and I don't have enough of it, let alone can I manage it. Enough about that, we have to make some really affective ads and have them printed, cut and pasted for the big finale.
Back to the drawing boards and computer screens. I forsee a really LONG night ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment